Constructed in 1888, this row house on Astor Street was the primary residence of John Wellborn Root. A founder of the “Chicago School” of architecture, Root is famous for his partnership with Daniel H. Burnham. Designed by Root, this residence was where the initial plans for the World’s Columbian Exposition of 1893 were developed. GGC worked with the acclaimed firm of Vinci Hamp Architects in the restoration of this historic residence.
Architect: Vinci | Hamp Architects Inc.
Photography: Ferguson Photographic Illustration